Saturday, March 10, 2007

Let's just leave things as they are.

Last night I went to high table at Massey and then stayed for the party afterward. Dinner was very good, and I thankfully got to sit beside someone who kept me entertained. (Sorry, Massey, but this isn't always the case.) Thanks, CG!

The coolest Masseyite likes to tell me about the various "cute" and "hot" single guys in residence. Although topic of conversation is an entertaining---if perhaps frivolous---way to pass the time, I am not really looking for a partner. Or someone to, ahem, pass the time with. I have too many other fun things to do. But I'll let him keep telling me about his attractive residence-mates. It makes me laugh.

At the party after dinner things started to drag on for too long. At some point (before I left) someone needed to take over and put on good music. But I suppose there's very little one can do to really enliven a smallish group of tired, nerdy, dressed up 20-somethings. I don't mean to be mean. It's just the nature of the thing. A raging dance party isn't to be had in the JCR after high table.

I do like Massey and many of the fellows I've met there this year. I hope to hang out there again next year.

Lastly, a bit of gossip. LG's best friend has herself a very handsome young man. ;-)

No comments: