Monday, March 19, 2007

Food day.

This morning I left the house and walked south to Massey to meet up with historians YT and AB2, Masseyite PB, and an out-of-town visitor for dim sum in at King's Noodle in Chinatown. On the way I walked by people in full bagpipers regalia, one man in a leprechaun suit, and various other expected (and usually unexpected) things one might see preparing for a St. Patrick's Day parade through the streets of Toronto. Dim sum was yummy.

After we'd had our fill, AB2 and I journeyed on further south to the business district to meet up with historian SA at the Design Exchange. We caught a bit of the parade in progress on the way, and AB2 stocked up on some cheap food goodies in Chinatown. Once inside, we chatted and then took in this great exhibit on modern Japanese design. It was such fun! Now I want some of the stuff we saw. It was quite cool.

There was time for a nap and a home-made muffin before FN and I went for sushi at New Gen with TF, TL, and Googler JR. Also very fun. They are a good crowd.

Now I'm feeling slightly ill to my stomach. Too much Asia for one day, perhaps. I don't like this feeling. It's like I might want to throw up; or not. Annoying.

No comments: