Monday, March 19, 2007

Films are cool, and other unrelated thoughts.

Who knew? Not me. Why am I only discovering this now? Well, today I sat in on AT's guest lecture to a film class! I was very impressed with his easy delivery and clear grasp of the material. That man is a smartie. Good for him.

After the 3.5 hour lecture/clip screening I went over to Massey to hear the election results. Turns out all positions were acclaimed (including mine) except one. But this means that I am now officially an office holder at the college, so I'll have to hang out there more often next year. Which I think is a good thing, but I don't want it to become a time suck.

And speaking of time sucks, after talking with AB2 and SA yesterday I'm feeling more comfortable about not TAing at all next year. Because of my funding situation I don't need to, and it seems unlikely that there will be a course that I'll feel compelled to TA for professional reasons. (This isn't quite true, but the one course I should do would likely require me to do a lot of hours. And I won't do that.) With the Massey job, probably being an organizer of the grad student conference in the department next year, and maybe also sitting on that governance council, I'll have enough to do besides my dissertation!

Today was another day when I got very little done but didn't do much apart from necessary things. I don't quite understand how this happens, but it happens a lot. And tomorrow will likely be more of the same! I guess I should just go with it and put off hopes of being productive for a day when I don't leave the house. That's really the key, you know: not leaving the house.

No comments: