Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just call me Ms. Election.

This blog is not the place for me to rant about the abject foolishness and unreflective moronity of the vast majority of people. But I want it noted that I object to idiocy in all its forms, and that critical thinking---question everything, or at least recognize when you are choosing not to question something for reasons of survival, etc.---is the most important thing in the world. A proper humanistic outlook is a necessity of life. Only one you've got that can you go on and make the world a better place. I am quite serious.

Anyways, back to the usual day-in-the-life posting.

Couldn't sleep last night until very late and I apparently didn't actual turn on my alarm clock, so I missed JS's talk. And this after I went on yesterday about the importance of supporting fellow graduate students. I suck. Ah well. I will partially make it up to him by taking him to Massey for a discussion relevant to his area of interest.

Once I did manage to wake up, I worked on the computer until it was time to make muffins. Strawberry bran muffins. Oh wow they are so good. Mmmm. I ate one on my way out the door to the department meeting. I ran into TC2 on the street---this happens occasionally because we live so close to each other.

The meeting was semi-interesting. The regular talkative profs weren't in evidence so there is not much gossip to share. I do like my department and have great respect for the chair. Basically I am a huge school nerd and even administrative discussions keep my attention! And speaking of administrative discussions, tomorrow I will put in my name for a seat on a university governance council. That means I will have entered into two elections this week.

I am still annoyed thinking about people's lack of what I consider to be basic common sense. Sigh. Grrr. Life project: teach young people (and hopefully others) what thinking actually means.

P.S. I'm going to what promises to be a fun party on Friday. Anyone wanna come?

No comments: