Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Annoyed . . . but EXCITED!

I do not always act the best. Occasionally I goof up, act like a bit of an idiot, or just am inappropriate. I tend to recognize it soon thereafter, feel badly about it, and apologize as appropriate. The vast majority of the time, I'm pretty sure, I behave as I should: like a proper human being.

Other people do not. I am willing to forgive stress and misunderstandings. I accept apologies and will forget past transgressions without them easily. I don't hold grudges, except fake ones. Be nice to me, and I'll be nice to you. Heck, I'll be nice to you even if you aren't nice back.

What is wrong with people who, well into their 20s or beyond, behave as if they were moody, bratty, teenage jerks? This is uncool; stop it, please. I was so annoyed with certain people last night that I considered purging them from facebook friend list. But I feel this is childish (even if totally justified: I am under no obligation to be "friends" with anyone), so I won't. I've added a couple names to my list of people who I am disappointed in. They've let me down by their attitudes toward me too many times over the past few months.

In happier news, life continues to be mostly excellent. There's only one more week of tutorials; I came home last night with 23 long papers to grade, but I'll put those off for now; the lecture series is coming to an end in a few weeks; I am making progress on my beastly first chapter; there are TONS of amazing shows coming up in the next few weeks; and the California guy is coming to visit soon.

Here's what I plan to check out between now and early April:

Thursday, 27 Mar. (PPFest) Live performance of Neutral Milk Hotel’s "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea," The Rural Alberta Advantage, Great Bloomers, and Sister Suvi @ The Drake Underground, 8pm, $5. This one will be packed!

Friday, 28 Mar.
TWM 13 presents Tin Bangs, Music For Animals (San Francisco), The Hots @ Rancho Relaxo, 9pm, $7. Yay, Tin Bangs!

Saturday, 29 Mar. Basia Bulat, Katie Stelmanis, and Amos the Transparent @ Lee's Palace, 9pm, $10. Fantastic.

Tuesday, 1 Apr. Gravity Wave party @ The Great Hall, 8pm, SOLD OUT. I'm looking forward to this one!

Thursday, 3 Apr. Woodhands (CD release) w/
Jeff Woods & friends ("Magic and Mentalism"), and The Machetes @ Wrongbar, 9pm, $5. Ouff, FINALLY.

Friday, 4 Apr.
Indie Pop/Rock feat. Wildlife, Hamilton Trading Co., and Dregs Of Society @ Lee's Palace, 9pm, $5. (And then maybe Megan Hamilton @ Rancho Relaxo.) I have yet to see KH perform with a full band. How fun that now he's playing Lee's.

Tuesday, 8 Apr. Jens Lekman w/ Final Fantasy and Katie Stelmanis @ The Great Hall, 8pm, $20.

Ok, that's enough for now. Better get to making that chapter into something that it isn't: finished!

No comments: