Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Old historians at the college.

Tuesday evening I went to Massey for dinner and a history lecture. All this is fine and good, but I do have some complaints. Having to talk to old professor and other types can be quite exhausting. Even when they're nice and are asking you all kinds of questions about your research. Because then I have to be "on" and be all chatty and pleasant and attempt to sound smart without pretending to be more advanced than I am. I hate to sound pompous. So it's all very exhausting. Plus, because I was chatting I didn't have time to eat all my dinner and then I had to eat dessert, which was full of sugar, which I don't like. And it gave me a headache, and the chairs at Massey are the absolute worst ever. (Except for the ones at the Munk Centre, which are, I think, worse.) And then I felt like my personal space was being invaded just a little bit by the dean I was sitting beside. Sigh.

I came home at 10pm and just couldn't do anything for the rest of the day. I couldn't even fall asleep until many hours later. Annoying. Complain. Just thinking about it again makes me want to have a nap.

Also, and somewhat related: Will the weather stop being weird so that my headache will go away?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not that i don't believe in seasonal affective disorder, because i do, but there is an easy, cheap cure. Go to a tanning salon. Asides from the picker-upper staring at all the incredibly vain regular customers will provide, a good jolt of "sunshine" is often all the body needs.
It costs about $6.