Friday, March 21, 2008

Doing things.

Life's good these days. I'm making ever so slow and painful progress on my chapter, seeing lots of good music, seeing friends, and the sun in shining! I do need to move faster on all things dissertation, but I think I'm gonna remember what a professor said to me Tuesday evening: "Oh, fourth year. You're ahead of yourself, then." Yes! So the fact that I'd yet to finish a chapter didn't disturb him in the least. Too bad he's no longer on my committee . . . .

I've just bought myself a ticket to go see Jens Lekman and Final Fantasy at the Music Gallery. At just shy of $25, it's a bit pricey for me. But, heck, that's what I paid for Spoon, and this will be so much better! Plus, I love love love music in churches. Yay.

Later today I'm blowing off work to go celebrate No Shame's birthday at the Drake Underground. And then maybe another show after that. So much to do all the time.

In other news, I am currently obsessed with Laura Barrett's music.

No comments: