Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thanks!

I was feeling pretty rotten on Saturday, but by nightfall was well enough to head out with FN and EH to the Embassy, a hipster bar in Kensington Market. We went to celebrate my birthday, and a whole bunch of people showed up. It was a great time, and thanks to everyone who came out! Now I know who my true friends are, eh ;-).

People kept insisting that I drink shots, and when I absolutely could not refuse, I did so. By the end of the night I'd ingested 6 of them plus half a pint of Weiss beer. I drank a whole lot of water too, though, so wasn't particularly drunk or ill. And I was fine today . . . except that I am sicker than ever. I can't blame going out for being sick: it's just day 4 of this cold, which means my nose is stuffed up and it's disgusting. Needless to say, I won't be heading out to see Woodhands tonight. Which is sad, but such is the state of things.

In other news, I still have 25 essays left to grade. Best get myself something to eat and then get on those ASAP.

No comments: