Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back home.

I'm home! My flight landed this morning at about 6:10am. And although I took a nap or three on the plane, I recently woke up from a proper sleep.

Yesterday I finished my work at the archives. I managed to look at everything I had marked out ahead of time as most useful, and even at a few collections I figured there wouldn't be much in. Once I was done, my researcher friend and I went for a coffee/iced tea on campus. It was a nice way to end a research trip. I took one last walk around campus and up to the Palo Alto bus station, went home to pack, then back to the station to catch the train to the airport. Lots of travelling! But I scored three free bus rides because of "Spare the Air" day, and successfully bought a train ticket . . . good thing, too, because our tickets were checked this time.

While I was sitting in the reading room looking at documents, I got a bit of a sense of what it would be like to work in an archives (as a job). And I think it's not for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure working in any kind of office where I'm not in charge would drive me crazy. Anyways, I'm not complaining about the archives---it's a great facility---but let's just hope for everyone's sake that I don't find myself in a regular job one day.

I'm happy to be back home. (My bed is SO MUCH more comfortable than the futon I was sleeping on in Palo Alto.) But it's a little sad that I can no longer hang out while all the cute men I met in California! ;-)

1 comment:

erin c said...

aw cute men
find some in toronto!!!!!!!!