Friday, December 07, 2007

Meeting new people.

House parties really can be the best things ever. And even when they aren't, they are good for so many reasons. Last night I went with historians EH and MB to hang out with some indie people we know and lots of new people we didn't. And we had a good time. I finally met CG2's new g/f. (Yes!)

It's excellent to be at a party where there are almost no grad students in attendance. I love school but---and I'm sure I've said this many times before---it's important to get away from it once in a while. School is like my workplace, with all the attendant "boss" and "co-worker" and "promotion" issues, you know? School is also an important part of my personal life, since I am very much devoted to my (dead) guys and eventually telling their story (in my dissertation). Hence it being healthy to take myself away from it on a regular basis. I think it will deter burnout, which is not uncommon in my line of work . . . .

Ok, but I do need to work now. Tonight, maybe another house party with some indie friends!

No comments: