Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ugh.

I don't have much motivation at the moment to do work. I'm feeling tired and lethargic and uninspired. But I'm also actively avoiding brain work by doing busy-work. Necessary busy-work, but still. I'm really not happy about the school term getting started. Sigh. A few things are up in the air at the moment, which is adding to my unease. I've been whining all day; can you tell? My day started a bit annoyingly, with a request that I don't feel was fair of the requester to request. It's just a bit off-putting, even if it's not a huge deal, and things should be sorted out without any real problem for anyone, I hope.

Went for tea yesterday---yummy, I must say---and then to the Cloak & Dagger for a magic show. My friend's performed better (who hasn't?) but I had a good time, and had a fun time chatting with the assorted crowd before and after the show.

Today was/is cloudy, chilly, and slightly ominous. Fall is certainly in the air.

At the moment I'm listening to assorted indie music and putting together a preliminary bibliography of non-archival sources for my dissertation.

After dinner I'm planning on dragging myself out of the house to meet up with Massey people at a nearby pub. I don't really want to go, but I think it's important to make an effort to show my face at orientation events. I don't want to be one of those people who is never around. They suck. Plus, I'm sure I'll have a good time once I'm there. Also, and somewhat related, I'm starting to realize why most people enjoy drinking on occasion. Huh. I never felt this way before. I guess I'm just in an ugh mood right now.

No comments: