Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Indie Music 2

There's again lots on this week---for cheap, I don't do expensive!---and then there's Nuit Blanche on Saturday night. If you are keen on checking anything out, let me know and we can meet up or look out for each other.

WEDNESDAY

I'm staying in, but if you're itching for something to do, I'd check out what's happening at Supermarket (Kensington Market). Ten dollars will get you in to hear Small Sins w/ The I Spies. Otherwise, if folk is more your things, you can go for Pitter Patter Nights #292, $5, at the Boat, just down the street. Playing are Bellevue w/ Sarah Gates, and Jordan Fine.

THURSDAY

I'm busy until 9:30pm or so, but I might hit up College St. after that. Two options. First is a show at Sneaky Dee's, $5, doors at 9pm: The Sourkeys' final Toronto show w/ DD/MM/YYYY, Video Hippos, and Numbers & Figures. The Second one is the No Shame show at Tiger Bar, another of my favourite venues. Same time and cover. From the facebook event description:

Europe in Colour: (CD Release)
Cure-esque synth pop, dark and danceable (featuring members of The Ghost is Dancing)

Green Go:
Guelph-ites play deep, punishing synth pulses and a pounding rhythm section that commands a bouncing dance floor.

Lil Pip:
Montreal Teeny Tiny Femme C spits out rhymes with scrappy intensity
(With beats by Tyler Rauman of Montreal's Telefauna)

Tiger Bar is in the basement of the College St. Diner (College at Lippincott). Thursday is also the first night of Ladyfest Toronto 2007, which runs Thursday through Sunday at various venues. More details here.

FRIDAY

*** I'm sure there are other things happening, but my pick is definitely DJ Shit la Merde's 3rd Anniversary Party at Sneaky Dee's. Doors 10pm, no cover before 11pm. I will almost certainly go, but probably not until after midnight. SLM is currently one of my favourite DJs.

SATURDAY

NUIT BLANCHE!!

SUNDAY

I am keen to check out Wavelength #382 at Sneaky Dee's. As always, this is pay what you can. Tonight's lineup includes Nathan Lawr w/ Elbow Beach Surf Club, and Ladyfingers. The show set to start at 10pm.

More ideas here and the usual spots.

No comments: