Sunday, February 04, 2007

Party Saturday.

JR is in town this weekend so I got to hang out with him yesterday. Yay! (He has a week off from his teaching gig in small-town NY.) We met up here and then after chatting for a bit, headed off to Yonge St. for a spot of shopping and to meet up with a couple of his Bryn Mawr friends at one of the many Starbucks downtown. After that we went back to my place and then walked down to Bloor St. for some Thai curry. Yummy.

It was quite chilly out yesterday, so we---or at least I---felt hardy braving the windchill, but not hardy enough to take in an outdoor concert. Instead, we went to SM's birthday party. Fun times. SM, like all the Russianists, is super fun. After lots of talking and laughing and a couple shots of vodka ("when in Rome," you know) I was home again by 1am. And so very tired.

I missed JR. We have a great time together, and it was nice to catch up . . . and hear all his exciting news!

This morning/early afternoon I decided to weatherproof our windows. I've done two so far, and I think that's it for my household handiwork for this weekend. The first window should be ok. but the one in my room is sooooo drafty that I think the tape will get blown off soon. Darn it. I mean, getting rid of the drafts is the whole point! Sigh.

Today is Superbowl Sunday. Go Colts! Or Bears! Or whatever.

No comments: