Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Just doing the PhD thing.

Yesterday and today I saw a whole lots of history grad students I hadn't seen in a long time. It was nice. And then last night HD came over for dinner and to go over some history stuff with me. It was good to get that over with, and good for her to show me how to make much better use of the UK national archives website than I had been.

This afternoon I ran off to the Munk Centre to hold office hours for the class I'm grading for. A handful of students actually came in to talk about their essays, so it wasn't a complete bust like it might have been. And I spoke with one of my supervisors (who has an office just down the hall from where I was) for a few minutes. Good to catch up with him. We gossiped a bit and talked about research a bit less.

Afterwards it was time for me to perform . . . well, participate in a show-and-tell session about the note-taking program I use. (This one, which I generally recommend, but it depends.) It was great to learn about some of the other programs that my peers are using. Very worthwhile, and kudos to HD for actually organizing the session! She rocks when it comes to stuff like this.

Hopefully I will have a bit more time to hang out with historians later this week at our grad student conference. It should be fun!

No comments: