Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Settling in.

Day 2 at the archives involved me going as fast as I could through my boxes so that I'll have enough time to get to everything before I leave for Chicago early next week. Of course, there's a big difference between flipping quickly through a hated comps book, and carefully turning 85-year old pieces of flimsy paper, making sure to note when you want things photocopied. It is a long process, and hard on the eyes and back.

I took advantage of the mini kitchen facilities that the archives has, and brought my own lunch so I could eat quickly and cheaply. Boring, I know.

But after my long day, I ventured off to the East Bank of the Minneapolis campus and the Coffman Memorial Union to pick up some touristy/info things and get a bus pass. Success.



To close, here are a few pictures. The first two are of the Weisman Art Museum, and the other two are for HD. (And, after taking these two pics, I was told I wasn't allowed to take photos! So, these are illegal pics, or something.)

Oh, and by the way, it's cold down here! Yesterday I laughed when I saw a postcard that read "MinneSNOWta," but now I understand.

No comments: