Friday, October 06, 2006

Packing takes a long time.

I am taking a break from packing. It always takes me a long time to pack for trips. I do it slowly so that I have enough time to remember everything that I've forgotten. I should make a list---this would probably speed up the process. Hmm. A job for another day.

I went to our grad student pub night tonight. It was a good time, and I met some new people and got to spend time with old friends too. AT even came! So did AB, CB, EW, DR, and AG and JC. There were all kinds of law students about, and, well, they all looked kinda sketch to me. (I'm only half joking.) Historians may be less well-dressed---though not necessarily---but we're so much better! I mean, they're not all bad . . . .

It was apparently Alexander Keith's birthday, so lots of folks got free drinks and some people got to take home free beer mugs. The bar was also lit up by these little green light things, and people were eating a large birthday cake! I didn't win or get anything, though. Not that I'm complaining.

Paying the bill at the end put a bit of a damper on things. We were $40 short when the bill came, and since most people had already left, there was nothing really to do expect shill out the extra cash. Another historian and I split the cost. I doubt we'll get paid back. Sigh. Oh well.

Oh, and my computer is up and running again. There's a few things that it looks like I forgot to save, but nothing really important. Hopefully I won't have the same problem that forced me to reinstall Windows yesterday.

Back to packing. I'll post from Ottawa, assuming I have internet access!

No comments: