Friday, October 20, 2006

Putting faces to nicknames.

Today FN and I went to high table at Massey. Since I had told her a little about some of the people I've met there---or in some cases, apparently a lot!---it was fun to see and hear her reaction to actually meeting them. Handsome guy seems definitely to have a g/f, which is fine: I'll just admire from afar. (It's not like I even really know the guy, after all, so it's no biggie.) FN was ever so slightly shameless, doing her best wife impersonation, and inviting the interesting/attractive people (read: men) to dinner. Awesome.

I am now continuing to grade, which will be the story of my life for the next week. I've had some better essays today than I had yesterday, but I'm still not overly impressed. The trick will be not to become terribly bored grading 95 papers all on the exact same topic. Sigh.

In other news, I ordered a 1GB memory stick (USB thing) online, and a Russian-language book. Doing the latter was a little iffy, since the website was in Russian! But hopefully it'll work. If not . . . , well, I'll deal with that when I have to. It is strange to get confirmation e-mails in Cyrillic script, though. But this is nothing compared to potentially having to actually read the book. Now that will be a challenge/impossibility.

No comments: