Thursday, September 28, 2006

Historians, and more historians.

How I love them so. Today was a pretty inspiring day, academically speaking. I went to two talks, and was introduced to some new ideas and interesting approaches . . . and on topics which are somewhat related to what I do! First up was history prof. and the chair of Holocaust studies at U of T, Michael Marrus, on the Holocaust and humanitarian interventions. Next was a book launch session featuring Anne-Emmanuelle Birn, who's book on the Rockefeller Foundation in Mexico during the interwar years was recently published. I met up with old friends and colleagues at both, and met some new professors. In between the talks I finished my microfilm research---finally! FN, HD, and I had dinner together here afterward, and we wished HD well on all her travels over the next few weeks.

Plans for tomorrow include a piano recital at the new opera hall and then back to campus for the 1956 conference. I'm looking forward to both!

1 comment:

E :) said...

Nerd! Tee he he... (Slinks back into own history nerd corner...)