Thursday, August 17, 2006

My first non-comps day.

Today was the first day that I didn't have to think about comps in a long time! Despite being pretty tired last night, I couldn't manage to fall asleep at a decent hour, so watched more of the "Forsyte Saga" and obsessed over craigslist until after 6am, when I finally went to bed. After waking up at 2pm, I managed to do a couple useful things today. FN and I went to get more posters framed and plaqued. I spent $250 framing my big Red Cross poster. Yikes! But it is really nice, and I'll have it forever, so I don't mind. (This is what the poster looks like.) By the end of next week I will have three "soldiers with books" plaques, which should go really well on walls near my bookshelves. My room will have a WW1 theme, which I suppose is potentially creepy, but it really isn't.

HD came over after dinner for cake and more of the "Forsyte Saga." We are nearly through the series by now . . . and it was originally a 12-parter on "Masterpiece Theatre." We are crazy, but it is quite good.

Tomorrow afternoon HD and I are going to pick up a craigslist find (chest of drawers) to continue this week's home improvement theme. I'm excited.

There are a handful of school errands I need to run at some point, but I guess they will have to wait for now. Post-comps life is a little hectic!

No comments: