Thursday, August 24, 2006

A gathering of historians.

Thanks to all who came out to my place to celebrate our collective marvellousness! Today was a nice day, full of good friends and good food. (This even though I've now been up for more than 24 hours straight. How odd.)

Started out with gabbing and breakfast with EW, who stayed over upon seeing the filth in her supposedly clean new apartment. EW, FN, and I then spent a few hours chilling at home, before we headed off to do our respective errands. For me it was laundry and buying a cake for tonight's festivities. After a dinner at home, HD came over to put together FN's bookshelf, and soon the party was on. A bunch of historians and a few other hangers-on arrived ready to eat cake and cookies. It was nice to see people whom I hadn't seen in a while, and it was an excellent send-off for my trip to C'town in a few hours. We finished the evening at a local pub, so as not to disturb the upstairs neighbour. There were at least 4 jet-lagged party-goers in attendance, and with my wacky sleep shedule lately, I felt in good company! It was also great to see "CLM" after his year-long stay in the Far East.

At the moment I am taking a break from packing for my week-long trip to visit my parents . . . er, parent, sister, and dog: my mom got a new job and had to go back to Ottawa last weekend. Oh well. I can't wait to visit the east coast! And to begin my dissertation research with a short visit to the PEI archives. Yay!

Congrats on finishing your master's, AG!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sincerest thanks!