Wednesday, November 08, 2006

College town, U.S.A.

This place is so cool! The university is completely out of a movie. Lots of the buildings are kinda nouveau plantation mansion style with columns, high wood-panelled ceilings, and ginormous chandeliers. Ok, I may be exaggerating about the interiors, but the exteriors are impressive. There's lots of green space and frat houses. Oh! And when I walked out of the archives, I heard music! The marching band was practicing. For the game on Saturday!! How cool is that?!

Anyways, I can't get over UIUC.

I took nearly 900 photos at the archives today. Yikes! It was good---really good---to get all those images. But my back was unhappy.

For dinner, KP and I met up with a couple other UIUC history grad students to talk shop and sample the local cuisine. Yummy, and much fun! Have I mentioned recently that I love history and historians? I really do!

Here's a quick pic I snapped while on the walk to school this morning. Pretty town, ain't it?

No comments: