Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Good life, busy life.

I know I've been delinquent about updating this blog. It's been a busy few days. The grad conference I'm helping to organize is coming up soon---Friday and Saturday! This week is also a tutorial week for me, which means I'm on campus more than I'd like to be.

Last night I went to the Silver Dollar for a Beach Boys tribute show. It was so much fun! Some of the music was fantastic, and what I didn't get didn't bother me in the least: I was just happy to be there taking it all in. There was a bunch of people I knew, which made the whole thing that much better. Thank you to all the organizers and performers. Fun, fun, fun.

Highlights: Ken Farrell (Gravity Wave), Picnicboy (because I just have no idea), The Bicycles (yipee!), and the "supergroup": ex-OPG (Ontario Power Generation) with Laura Barrett and backup singers/percussion. Also, Great Lenin's Ghost! were good too: I must see them perform again. (They play tonight at the Cameron House and then on Friday at the El Mo.) What a great group of performers.

Ok, I need to get going.

P.S. I neglected to mention earlier that on Saturday night (at the Horseshoe) I ended the show on stage with the band, dancing with a maraca in my hand. So that was different. :-)

And it's snowing outside:

No comments: