Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Man on my futon.

My friend JR is in town for a few hours, crashing at my place. He got in at 7pm from a place far, far away, and is leaving for the States tomorrow. I think he should stay and hang out with me some more. But no, he shouldn't, because I have no time for this! He's been really low-maintenance so far, though. We chatted for a bit, he took a shower, and then he went to sleep. A little mini-excursion in the car to park in it a better place at 10pm is the only other thing we did. Then he went back to sleep. Yawn.

In other news, EC and I ventured down to Yonge and Bloor today. We checked out the proofs for the newsletter we had a small hand in putting together. And then did a little (unsuccessful) shopping. The H&M on Bloor is really no good. Seriously no good. I wouldn't have gone in, but EC was apparently unaware of the crappiness of the place. Sigh. Jacob wasn't much better. Too boring for me. But, EC tried on the super cute for-work dress. She totally needs it . . . once she gets a job! After checking out the stores, we moseyed on over to McDonald's across from the ROM -- which, by the way, is looking cooler every day -- for sundaes. McDonald's sundaes really are good. Can't be beat. Last stop was a definite step up on the classy scale: Whole Foods on Avenue. It is so nice in there! Came home with Italian bread and camembert. Yum.

But now JR is on the futon and I'm basically stuck in my room with nothing to do except e-mail and blog and play on the internet . . . oh, and read for comps. Yeah, I should do that . . . .

No comments: