Monday, June 12, 2006

My work/play week.

I suddenly have a whole lot of things to do this week. Crap. But it's good, I guess, to be busy.

1. Monday afternoon: Meeting with my Russian history supervisor. I still have a bunch of books to read for him, but hopefully we can touch base on what I might expect from his exam. That would be helpful (obviously). I've just been going through my notes from a reading course I did with him over a year ago, and found some good stuff. Too bad I didn't take nearly as many notes as I could have. Oh well.

2. Later Monday afternoon: Excursion to Loblaws with FN. Not overly exciting, but necessary. It'll be a nice walk, too, which is always good.

3. Tuesday afternoon: Write-up due for our student society's newsletter. I'm half-done, so that's good. But the editor warns me that I will be subject to cruel and unusual punishment---at the hand of the medievalists---if I don't submit my piece on time. (She suspects they know some nifty toture techniques.)

4. Tuesday night: Dinner and TV with EC and FN. That'll be fun. But not good for my work schedule.

5. Thursday morning: Meeting of the editorial team for the newsletter.

6. Friday afternoon: Meeting with my main supervisor. No problem... except that I still have seven-and-a-half books to read before then. And a few of them are around 1,000 pages long. Yeah. So, I won't read all of those. Still, I predict late-night skimming sessions in my near future.

Other errands include applying for conference funding from my department, making a bunch of photocopies of course evaluation statistics for our student society, and printing out and filing some other stuff for the society. A trip to Kensington will probably be in order later this week. And then add sleeping, eating, chatting with FN time, etc., and I'm gonna be pretty busy. Wish me luck!

Well, now that I've figured out what I need to do, I guess I better get reading!

No comments: